12. Feargal McKay’s book review of The Secret Race by Tyler Hamilton and Daniel Coyle
11. The UCI Overlord’s It’s not about the jerseys
10. Frank Mercer’s Team Sky begins internal investigation amid allegations
9. Eric’s hilarious take on the meme, RSNT Downfall parody video
7. Norwegian TV2 video footage of a wigged-out Wiggo at the Tour in Wiggins lets the insults fly
6. Danish TV2′s video of Tyler Farrar losing his shit at the Argos bus in Farrar attempts to steal Argos Shimano trade secrets
5. The UCI Overlord’s Groundhog Day for cycling, with the controversial image that kicked off a Twitter firestorm
3. The incredible opus of work in Lance Armstrong business links – a flowchart by @dimspace
2. My personal favorite, and something I’ll be proud of for the rest of my life, The Paul Kimmage Defense Fund
1. The debunking of the oft-touted myth of Lance Armstrong as the “most tested athlete” in The Legend of the 500 by @dimspace
And with over 10,000 views in 48 hours, Honorable mention goes to Mercer’s wildly popular piece from just two days ago, Embattled Toronto mayor leads protest over Canadian Athlete of the Year
Thank you, one and all, for making 2012 a memorable year for us here at Cyclismas. It’s been a wild ride, and we owe it all to our magnificent “merry band of mistifts” – along with you, our loyal fans and readers (as well as our detractors).
Here’s to a wonderful 2013, and my very best wishes to everyone involved in this glorious, crazy, dysfunctional sport.
As the UCI Overlord would say, “Sláinte!”